What is a loggers cord?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I know what a cord is but I keep hearing about loggers cords. What is a loggers cord?

Anonymous
    Inactive

A loggers cord is another one of the many firewood measurements where the meaning can depend on who you talk to. It usually refers to a cord of logs that are not yet cut into firewood. An example would be a stack of 8 foot long logs stacked 4 feet high and 4 feet wide. Or 4 foot logs stacked 4 feet tall and 8 feet wide. Or any dimension that will add up to 128 cubic feet. I have also heard people call a cord of unsplit rounds a loggers cord. Or you could look at a log truck load of logs and say, for example, that it has 8 or 10 loggers cords of logs on it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh and don’t forget about bush cords and stove cords and pulp cords and all the other words people attach to a cord. What is wrong with a standard cord that is well known to be 128 cubic feet? It is the officially recognized measurement and legal measurement. What is the purpose of making up all these different measurements and causing all the confusion? It seems like these other measurements are a good way to sell anyone whatever amount of wood you want and call it a rick or a face cord or a pink elephant cord or whatever you want to call it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.