Husqvarna 362xp chainsaw review

Home Forums Forestry Forum Chainsaw Reviews and Chainsaw forum Husqvarna 362xp chainsaw review

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have been using a Husky 357xp for many years and I finally decided to replace it this summer. It had a lot of hours and too many things were starting to go wrong with it. Instead of putting a couple hundred dollars into an old saw, I decided to trade it in.

The 357 was a great saw, although a little hard starting sometimes, but not too bad. I debated whether to go with another time tested 357 or go with the new 562xp. The 562 was a little more expensive and being a new model, I was a little hesitant, but decided to take the chance.

Other than the radical new look, the first thing I notice was the fuel primer bulb on the side. The dealer said that should help it start easier than the 357. With a 24 inch bar it has nice balance, and feels a lot like my 357 as far as weight and balance.

As far as starting, I would say even with the bulb it’s about the same as the 357. Most of the time it starts fine, but sometimes it can be a little stubborn. Not uncommon with chainsaws in general. The 562 accelerates a lot quicker than the 357 did. The faster acceleration gives it more power for limbing.

Once it is at full cutting speed I think it has comparable power to the 357, maybe a little more power but I don’t notice much. But the 357 had a lot of power for its size and weight. I have always been happy with the power of the 357. With limbing and lopping slash, where acceleration and quick response is an advantage, this is where the 562 really excels over the 357.

I did find a vulnerability on the 562. It started acting like it was out of gas one time, and I thought it was way too soon after filling up the tank. I checked the gas and the tank was still half full. But it still wouldn’t start. I thought that was disappointing for a new saw to break down so soon.

I then noticed a stick stuck up behind the clutch. Earlier I had noticed there was a lot of space behind the clutch between the saw body and the clutch cover. It’s a spot where where things could easily get jammed in by the chain. It is also where the rubber gas line goes between the body and the gas tank.

I had to take the clutch cover off to get the stick out, but after that it ran fine. What happened is the stick pinched the gas line and cut off the flow. I haven’t had that happen again since, but that is a vulnerable spot.

I have been running the saw for about 6 months and all and all, I am happy with it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I got the husky 362xp too and I love it. I have a small woodlot here in eastern Kentucky with a Norwood sawmill and I supply local furniture makers with hardwood lumber. The 362 is light weight and has plenty of power for falling and bucking. I was thinking of getting a bigger saw for the bigger cuts but this has all the power I need.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.