Bamboo for making biofuel and biochar

Home Forums Forestry Forum Biofuel and Biomass Energy Forum Bamboo for making biofuel and biochar

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Here is a very interesting video I found about using bamboo for making biochar and bioenergy. Bamboo is used to make biochar and a source of energy. The biochar is added to the soil, which increases the soil quality and the growth of bamboo. The result of this is even more energy and biochar production. The biochar is also added to other agricultural soils to increase the production of food and other crops. The idea is to provide alternative energy, increase the fertility of our agricultural soils, and also to sequester carbon to reduce atmospheric carbon dioxide. Regardless of your opinion of the global warming debate, it’s still a fascinating idea. I would like to hear other people’s comments on this idea.
    [video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvHzLWecn3U[/video]

Anonymous

I don’t like how she is so bought and sold on the idea that human activity causing climate change when it is still just a theory. I think people on both sides of the argument sound ignorant when they act like their side is a proven fact. But regardless of that I think the ideas in the video sound great and I would like to hear more about it. I would much rather see us producing energy this way than buying oil from the middle east. Especially if we can increase fertility of our agricultural land in the process.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.